Food Service License

If you are not connected to a public water supply, testing of your well water is required when applying for a food service license. This includes selling food products made in a residential kitchen. Your water supply will need to be tested for total coliform and E. coli bacteria, nitrate and nitrite.

Nelson Analytical Lab can provide you with a water test kit which includes the necessary bottles, sampling instructions to complete your water testing. We can either mail you out a test kit, or you can stop by our lab at your convenience to pick up a water test kit. Results will be emailed, faxed or mailed to you within 1 to 2 business days from when we receive your sample.

For more information on Drinking Water Testing and Standards please refer to: